Saturday, April 16, 2011

Graduation!!!!


Graduation is either December 9th or 16th in Athens. I will find out this summer which one. It will be in Athens, and then my party will be at my house. I was in the counselor's office the other day applying for graduation, and I made the joke that it took me 6 years to get a 2 year degree. I laughed hysterically, and she made the rebuttal that most who attend that school don't make it all the way through and that it's better late than never. Both cliche`s got me thinking. It truly is better late than never. In the past 7 years, I have managed to fall in love, get married, buy a house, have kids, and soon to graduate college. I'd say that's pretty impressive. Some say that I did everything backwards and that my life would have been easier if I made different choices. I have to disagree. My life was on a path of disaster before I met David. It took a leap of courage to make a big change in my life when I was 17. I haven't had regrets since.

After graduation, I am planning on applying to A&M Commerce and hopefully will take a class or two online. When Max starts Kindergarten next year, I will apply to Terrell State Mental Hospital to work full time and pay for school. My ultimate goal is my Masters in Psychology, and possibly my PhD, but who knows. My 25th birthday is coming up this year, and when I think about it, I am proud of what I have accomplished so far in my life. Granted, I could have had my PhD by now, but that's besides the point. I wake up every morning thinking about how great my life is and I can honestly say that I wouldn't have it any other way.

2 comments:

  1. I am so very proud of my darling daughter for all she has accomplished! Keep up the good work darling. You are an awesome example for the boys and they'll be proud to have such a great mom! Love you lots!!!
    P.S. I'm hoping your graduation is on the 9th. I'll have a better chance of attending then. Work has a hard time with vacations later in December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand. I hope it's on the 9th too. I am having graduation on a Friday, then Saturday the grad party. I should find out soon the exact date. Thanks mom. :)

    ReplyDelete