Friday, August 27, 2010

Getting Myself Worked Up

Ok. So, three more days until Fall semester starts. I have two problems that are driving my anxiety through the roof. A Fall semester means a ton of new students, mostly right out of high school. I don't have the best social skills in the world, not like I did in high school. Partially due to the fact that I have been in this box with just my three boys for close to 6 years. I have been working on my social skills the past year at college, and have made a few friends. That doesn't take away the anxiety of all new people asking me/ judging me about my tattoos, new competition to be first in my class, and dealing with the fact that chances are I won't know anyone in my early morning classes. All my friends in college aren't morning people like myself, so therefore they take afternoon classes.

The other part of my anxiety is the unfortunate schedule I was forced to choose. I don't mind that I had to work around David's schedule. The thing is, my first class is at 8am M-TH, and my last classes don't end until close to 10pm. Ever since Max turned one, I have been used to getting more sleep. With the lack of sleep and increased work load, I have a feeling that it is going to be a huge challenge. The upside to this, is that I am hoping it starts to prepare me for the demands of my career.

Despite all of my anxieties, I am not the overly-emotional wreck I was a few years ago. I have grown, matured, and developed the skills to somewhat manage my emotions. If I can get through what I have already been through, then there is no doubt that I can accomplish this. Because in the end, the only thing that matters is walking across that stage and getting my diploma. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment