Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ok, I can relax now. :)

Well, my father-in-law just left an hour ago. I didn't mind him staying here for a couple days, but it is good to have my house back. The boys are finally calming down and getting back on schedule. It's different if Justin lives with us, because I know he helps out with cleaning and cooking without being asked. Plus he is so good with my boys.

Besides scrubbing every inch of my house and catering to my boys' every whim, I have pretty much been enjoying summer break. David is goes tomorrow to try and change his computer class to sociology I with me. Have to figure out how to get a babysitter every Monday night for 2 hours, but I can hope, lol. I still haven't gotten a letter back from my brother, which bothers me and makes me anxious. I called the lady in charge of his parole and she said very very soon he would come home. I talked to him and he said not for a long time, so I don't know. The sooner the better. I would just like some advance notice so I can make arrangements. He is also asking for family addresses if they want to write him, but I have none except grandma Sandy.

Haven't sold the pool yet, probably because of the end of summer. We are selling it for half of what we paid two years ago. Who knows. I have decided that we are having Thanksgiving here and Christmas everywhere else. I get what I want, to cook and have family over; and I don't have to spend hundreds on presents. I just hope someone shows up. It has been such a disappointment the past year at our events. Last year I worked on the Christmas party for months, half of the people didn't show up, and the other half were downright rude! Oh well.

Nothing much else going on. I am patiently waiting for the fall semester to start and preparing any way I know how. Still haven't figured out how to keep the boys completely occupied. They get bored so easily. It will come to me eventually. Time to try not to fall asleep while I watch the Pagemaster with my boys. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment