Friday, August 20, 2010

One week of partial freedom

So, this is my last and only week of summer vacation before classes start back up again. We already took down the pool, cleaned up the backyard, cleaned up the house really good, etc. I got my grades in for Summer II. I made a B in History II and another B in Speech. I know I could have made A's, but I slacked off bad this summer. I blame it on night classes. I cannot stand night classes. I am a morning person, and I like being able to tuck my boys in at bedtime and have dinner with my family. I didn't go to class as often as I should. At least I recognize my lack of effort this past semester, so that I can improve in the Fall. I am very jealous of David. He can hardly study and make straight A's, whereas I have to spend hours studying to barely make an A. Oh well, it's worth the work. I try not to be too competitive with him, lol. I am still very determined with school, I just need to focus more and go to class. :P The recent development of a small social life at school doesn't help matters. I am not much for having social skills, but I have managed to make a friend or two at school. It has its pros and cons.

I am taking 8am classes Monday through Thursday, and late night classes Monday and Tuesday. Not my choice, that's all they offered. David is taking mid-afternoon classes, basically in between my schedule. Both of us have full schedules. Time will definitely be an issue, but workable. I am curious to take Sociology I, and have reservations about math. David and I also have to figure out how to keep two young boys occupied all day while we study. That will be the real challenge. They are still going to need fresh air and playtime and attention. Makes me glad David took down the fence to build a treehouse for free. All of this is a journey, and I wouldn't do it differently if I had the chance. I love my three boys. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment